Six week Ashtanga Series
with Kristi Paul
January 5-February 9, 2019
Here is an opportunity to advance your personal practice by deepening your understanding of each asana, the ancient tradition of Yoga, and learning the tools of Dristi (focus) and bandhas (energy locks) to enhance your practice. Ashtanga is form of Hatha yoga that focuses on posture and breath control.
Weeks 1-4 of the series are divided for a slower pace and deeper understanding of each pose, preparing you for the entire primary series in week 5. The final week concludes with a Mysore style class, in which Kristi watches and adjusts, while each student moves at their own pace within their personal practice.
Each student will receive Kristi’s personal Ashtanga Yoga
manual which includes:
1. Illustrated Primary series guide.
2. 8 Limbs: description of each and how they can be applied to our modern lives.
3. Dristi’s: what they are, when to use them, and how they help your focus.
4. Bandhas: Benefits of locking and releasing Prana (energy) in the body.
5. Opening and closing mantra (with translation).